Property gifting or donation of a property (also known as “Hiba” in Arabic) is a voluntary transfer of a real estate to your family member(s) or to your company, without consideration. Government fees are significantly less for property gifting from the donor to the beneficiary’s name. For instance, the Dubai Land Department transfer fee for a gift transfer is 0.125% as opposed to 4% that is applicable in a property sale-purchase transfer.
However, you can transfer your property as a gift only to first-degree family members. To know more about requirements, steps and fees of gifting a property, you can read our blog on Guide to Gifting A Property In Dubai.
Although on the surface gifting process may look like a simple task, in reality, it is a complex process that involves numerous approvals and steps.
So, if are planning to gift your house to your family or transfer it to your company’s name, then look no further. We can advise you on the process and requirements as we as handle the complete property gifting process on your behalf.
You can use our property gifting services whenever you are:
- gifting a property to family member (children, parents or spouse);
- transferring a property to your company’s name;
- transferring a property from your company to yourself or to your family member(s) (children, parents or spouse);
Our property gift transfer services include:
- Preparing a gift deed between the donor(s) and the receiver(s);
- Dealing with and getting all necessary approvals from authorities;
- Applying for all prerequisite documents such as Affections Plans, Value Estimation Certificates, Site Plans, etc.;
- Facilitating payments of various fees, e.g. to the land department, facilities management, developer;
- Ensuring that all taxes, fees and costs are correctly calculated;
- Legalization of relevant documents to establish a kinship between the donor and the receiver;
- Getting all necessary no objection certificates from developers and facilities management companies;
- Transferring utilities (water, electricity, gas and air cooling);
- Representation before the Land Department at final transfer of ownership;
- Obtaining a new title deed after the gift transfer;